The ICT Authority has announced applications for the Presidential Digital Talent Programme (PDTP) Cohort VIII are now open. The Authority is inviting recent university graduates with a passion for ICT and Public Service to undergo the 12-month internship programme in both the public and private sectors.
The internship programme is offered through a Public-Private partnership seeking to develop ICT high-end skills in recent graduates. The programme offers training, experience, mentorship and professional networking opportunities in the areas of:
- Network and Digital Infrastructure,
- Software Development and AI,
- Information Security,
- Multimedia (Graphic Design) & Digital Marketing, and
- Data Analytics
- Applicants must have graduated and attained First or Upper Second-Class Honors from a recognized institution in the last two years (from Jan 2021).
- If waiting for graduation (till Dec 2023), applicants must provide a stamped recommendation/reference letter from the University indicating a First or Upper-Second Honors to be awarded.
- Recent graduates in BSc. ICT or Engineering (Electric & Electronics, Telecommunications, Software). The graduates must have thorough knowledge in the core areas mentioned above as they may be required to demonstrate technical competencies on their core specialization prior to the interview.
- Must be a Kenyan youth between 21 – 29 years of age and unemployed.
- Should not have undertaken another internship program in the government.
- Applicants should be willing and ready to be deployed in any government organization (MCDAs) within the 47 counties on full-time basis from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Females, persons with disabilities and graduates from ASAL regions are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Interested applicants must complete the online application form and attach relevant documents as indicated in the form. The ICT Authority further adds that incomplete applications will not be considered.
The application deadline is on Tuesday Midnight, October 3, 2023.